Boshki Portfolio Theme
Boshki Portfolio Theme – designed for small businesses, professionals & freelancers. Including widgets and sections allowing you to add in your skills, services, experience, and portfolio in a slick business landing page.
Featuring a slick single landing page design, with a 3D Animated flip out menu, parallax scrolling and an animated background on the homepage, with full customisation of all of the colours and positioning of elements on your site. This themes give you the control to make your site look beautiful, and promote your business. With google metadata included to help promote your business with search engines.
- Portfolio / Freelancing promotion widgets (skills, experience, expertise)
- Full screen landing page
- Full responsive design
- Animated 3D transition menu
- Parallax / customisable scrollover backrounds
- WordPress Customiser integration for advanced control over the look and feel
- Theme options page for additional control over the theme
- Google Meta data automatically generated and updatable via the theme for better Search Engine Visibility
- Custom Background support
- Custom Logo support
- Modern card based posts / portfolio pages
- Widgets for displaying portfolio, services, skill and bio.
- Download the zip file
- Unzip the zip file
- Upload the “boshki-portfolio” folder to the WordPress Themes directory at “wp-content/themes”. Make sure all of the theme’s files are directly in that folder (not in a nested folder inside it).
- Activate the Theme
- Set up your Theme at in the Boshki Portfolio theme page Appearance -> Boshki Portfolio
Look and feel
- Can I change the colours / appearance of Boshki Portfolio?
- Go to Appearance -> Customise and then select Theme Colours – then from this menu you will be able to customise the look / colour of the theme
- Can I move the location of the widgets?
- All widgets are designed to be interchangeable – you can move these around and add additional widgets in Appearance -> Widgets or Appearance -> Customise -> Widgets (for a visual / WYSWYG editor)
- Can I turn the animated background off on the home page?
- To hide these fields go to Appearance -> Boshki Portfolio -> Theme Options -> and then change ‘Animated Background’ to ‘No’
- How do I add in a Parralax / Scrollover background
- Go to Appearance -> Widgets or Appearance -> Customise -> Widgets (for a visual / WYSWYG editor) and add in the ‘Scrollover Image – Boshki’ widget to where you want the scrollover background to go, the other widgets will then scroll over this
- Can I change this theme to have multiple columns?
- No, this theme is set to 1 column so that the backgrounds will work and display correctly
- Can disable the Google Metadata being added to my pages?
- On the Appearance -> Boshki Portfolio -> Theme Options page, then change ‘Google Metadata’ to ‘No’
- Can I hide the additional comments fields?
- To hide these fields go to Appearance -> Boshki Portfolio -> Theme Options -> and then change ‘Additional comment fields’ to ‘Hide’
- Why does this theme ask for my Name, address & other details?
- This information is purely for Google Metadata to help google search and index your site and your business information, this information is used only for the Google search and index
- Is the name, address and other details required for this theme?
- This information is purely optional and designed to help google to search and index you site
- Do I need to fill in all of the fields in the widgets?
- No, if you leave a field blank in any of the widgets, the widget will automatically hide this element and display the rest of the content correctly
- When a user isn’t logged in, they only see the name field instead of the site & email field?
- This is hidden by default, to show these fields go to Appearance -> Boshki Portfolio -> Theme Options -> and then change ‘Additional comment fields’ to ‘Show’
- I can’t see the standard WordPress widgets?
- To display these widgets go to Appearance -> Boshki Portfolio -> Theme Options -> and then change ‘Standard Widgets’ to ‘Show’
- All widgets
- If you need to enter more information that the widget allows, add an identical widget after the initial widget and leave the title blank, this will then continue from the other widget
- All fields left blank in the widgets will be hidden on the home page and are not required
- ‘Body Text – Boshki’
- This widget is designed for adding in paragraphs of text to your page, if you only need 1 paragraph leave one section blank.
- Setup: add the widget and enter the text you want to display, and if relevant a title (leave blank if not required)
- ‘Full Page Header – Boshki’
- This widget should go on the home page only, this is the landing page which will be full screen, with your name / company name, title / description and a profile image’Full Page Header – Boshki’
- Setup: add the widget and enter a title, description and select / upload an image to use
- ‘Recent Posts – Boshki’
- Use this widget to display the most recent posts for a particular page
- Setup: add the widget and then enter a title, and select a category from the drop down
- ‘Scrollover image – Boshki’
- This widget is designed to pad between the other widgets, to add a scrollover image with a parallax effect
- Setup: add the widget in the correct positioning and then select / upload an image to use
- ‘Services Section – Boshki’
- Use this widget to showcase your services, experience, offers etc
- Setup: Enter a section title, then a individual title for each service/section
- ‘Skills Section – Boshki’
- Use this widget to showcase your skills etc
- Setup: Enter a section title, then a individual title for each skill/section
- ‘Social Links – Boshki’
- This widgets display your social links for the main social platforms, this will also add the information into the Google Metadata so that these are picked up by the Google search & index
- Setup: Enter the URL to your company / business page for the respective social network, if you have any additional badges (i.e. for memberships) to promote, enter this information in the Badges section